Nasi Lemak Burger

The burger craze has been around in Malaysia for several years now, but it never fails to amaze me how they reinvent the menu and make things relevant. The most recent hype that got all the attention of Instagrammers and food bloggers was the Nasi Lemak Burger. Initially I was not paying much attention to it since a popular trend would eventually fade off while everyone will jump to the next hip thing to try. However, after finally having the chance to try one myself, at the Myburgerlab earlier this evening, I must say the Nasi Lemak Burger exceeded my expectations, in every single way!






Nasi lemak is a local Malaysian dish that you can find everywhere. It consists of coconut rice, served with sambal (special savoury sauce), fried anchovies, boiled or fried egg, peanuts and sliced cucumber. You may also add fried chicken or beef rendang in some interesting variation of nasi lemak to make it a more wholesome meal. I personally would eat my nasi lemak with a piece of fried chicken at the side. Nasi lemak is popularly eaten as a breakfast (though not particularly a healthy meal, considering the oily sambal and coconut rice).

Somehow, they managed to take the best parts of nasi lemak and turn it into a burger. The fried chicken was the patty, which makes sense, and then there were the sambal (which they got the taste spot on), slices of cucumber, fried egg, anchovies and peanut butter. I know some of the ingredients are probably hidden inside the burger but I was too hungry to take a better photograph anyways.

If you are in KL, and you have not tried this weird mutation of food, I highly recommend you to try it! I am not sure how long the craze will last, but this is one of the few trends that I think should remain on the permanent menu!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick Post-Processing for Food Shots Using Google's Snapseed on a Smartphone

Olympus OM-D E-M1X - My Menu Personalization and More Image Samples

The Secret To Studio Like Product Shots Without An Actual Studio